Post by TheDarkPrince on Mar 3, 2005 11:50:09 GMT -5
-_- Why would they be released in Japan? The whole point of these DVDs are to dub - I repeat - DUB Dragonball Z uncut. And the whole thing is a Funimation project. Why would they come out in Japan? The japanese already have DBZ uncut.
ok, here's the story. pioneer bought the first 53 episodes of DBZ. they screwed up royally and cut out 15 entire episodes and on a number of episodes they would merge two episodes into one. so funi is here to save the day and release the first 53 episodes of dbz, 15 never before seen in america, this april. so that means that japan has already seen these episodes, it's only new to the US
I can't wait to get these DVDs either its going to be great.
Anime Insiders top 10 Reasons To Celebrate 'DBZ UNCUT':
"When Dragon Ball Z first aired, it was on regular broadcast and had to be heavily edited (13 episodes worth of footage was cut from the 66 episodes). Fans worried that they’d never catch the original versions, but FUNimation has heard the call - the totally uncensored DBZ: The Ultimate Uncut Special Edition will arrive in April. Here’s what you’ve been missing!
10. Consistent character voices. The original TV broadcast was dubbed by another company, then FUNimation themselves took over the dub from episode 54. FUNi has re-dubbed DBZ using all the current voice actors, meaning the voices will at last be consistent for the entire 276 episode series!
9. No more foamy glasses of water. Yep, Master Roshi is over 21 and likes his beer, which was re-colored for the original broadcast.
8. The number system will still work! FUNimation will keep the old numbers in place - for example, if two episodes made up the old episode 14, Ultimate will list them as 14A and 14B.
7. Frieza’s minion Guldo! Vegeta cuts his head off! ‘Nuff said!
6. No more Home For Infinite Losers! When Goku dies and falls off Snake Way, he’ll be in HELL - not the semi-cleverly edited HFIL.
5. Launch is back! She was cut out entirely since Dragon Ball hadn’t been released and no one would know who she was. Now she’s living with Tien!
4. Fans wept when, after Nappa destroyed some fighter jets, Yamcha said the obviously new line, “I can see their parachutes! They’re okay!” Now, there are no parachutes.
3. Full frontal nudity! From Goku! Who is four years old! Nuff said!
2. The beloved (in Japan) episode where Gohan befriends a wrecked robot will finally be available!
1. You can see the original Goku vs. Vegeta fight in all of its exceptionally bloody glory. Bring a raincoat!"